Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's good to be home

Currently listening to: Bright Eyes- I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning.

I just got home from the Chamber Choir trip to Williamsburg, VA and Annapolis, MD. I guess I still have mixed feelings about the entire thing. Let's recap:

Thursday- We departed for Williamsburg at around 1:30. This was probably the longest bus ride of my entire life. I spent the majority of it next to Emily, and our clique of the two of us, Ryan, Richard, Fankie, Carolann, Brittany, Gabby, and Hendy formed almost instantly. I slept a lot, and we had a few pretty good talks. We arrived at the hotel at around 9:30, and a group of us sat around outside and talked until around 11 o'clock. My room consisted of myself, Ryan, Richard, and Fankie. We had a pretty nice talk for the majority of the night, and then slept.

Friday- This was easily the most fun I had on the trip. We went to Berkeley Plantation in the morning, and took a tour. It was what it was. Then, we went to Busch Gardens. It was an incredible time. Our original group stayed together for the majority of it, and we eventually branched off and I ended up with SarahB, Chelsea, Hendy, and Jason. I can't really go into detail, because, well, it was a theme park. Use your imagination. When we got back to the hotel, Sarah, Chelsea, Jason, and I went and got dinner at Chilis. It was delicious. We then went back to the hotel, and our room had one of the deepest discussions that I have ever been a part of with Mr. Wynne. We continued this conversation until around 3:30-4:00, when we fell asleep.

Saturday- Lame. We went on an endless amount of walking tours. First was Yorktown. This place is gorgeous, no lie. After, we toured the Governor's Mansion for three hours. The only fun part of this was singing in Bruton Parish Church. It was actually an incredible experience. We had another shorter talk with Mr. Wynne when we got back to the hotel. Again, the talk continued throughout all hours of the night. I got so much closer with those three guys than I had been previously. That was that.

Sunday- Jamestown was nice. We then went to Norfolk, which was okay I guess. We went to the Nautical center and explored that for a little bit. It kept my attention for maybe a half hour, and then CarolAnn, Ryan, Hendy, and myself went outside and talked for the rest of the time. More people filed into the group sporadically as well. It was okay. Then was the Dinner Cruise. Biggest disappointment of the entire trip in my opinion. We were stuck with a bunch of old couples while there was a total rager the floor above us. Sucked. Oh well. Ryan and I explored the rest of Williamsburg when we got home with Phooph, Jon, Matt, and Chris V. I had a pretty good talk with Phooph. This was a good time. Then we went to the room and went to bed.

Monday- Drove about three hours to Annapolis, Maryland. This was fun. We broke off into two groups and went sailing. This was such a good time. It actually somewhat convinced me to live on a bay and own a sailboat somewhere down the road. Maybe I'll make it happen. Anyway, after this we went to Medieval Times. Again, such a fun time, even if our Red and Yellow Knight got his ass beat. Oh well. We got back and I went for a walk around town with Sarah, Hendy, and Chelsea. Then we went back to the room, Hendy slept over, and we passed out.

Tuesday- So much walking. We explored the Maryland State House, downtown Annapolis, and the Naval Academy. After all was said and done, we left for home. 

All in all, it was a good time. I learned so much about myself and the guys, and revamped a few friendships which I was pretty happy about. Being home is so great, though. Tomorrow is the Senior breakfast and field day. I am so excited. I'm done. Seeya.

"It all comes down to one quotable phrase,
If you love something, give it away."

No comments:

Post a Comment