Thursday, May 21, 2009

C.U. Next Tuesday

Currently listening to: Titus Andronicus- The Airing of Grievances

I stole the title of this from Ryan. Well, not directly, but he gave me the idea for it. He'll live. Either way, Him, Richard, Fankie, and myself will all be sharing a room together for the next five days or so in Williamsburg, Virginia, and Annapolis, Maryland. I think it should be a good time, for the most part.
Life's been pretty great lately. We return next tuesday, hence the title, and then Senior Field Day is on Wednesday, and my lovely girlfriend's prom is Friday. I'll spend Saturday and most of Sunday down the shore, and come home for the choir awards dance. Our prom is on Thursday, and then more shore from then on. I'm really excited.
I've been doing a lot of thinking, though. I'm really nervous for college, even though I know I've still got a while to wait. I'm excited to start fresh with a bunch of new people, but at the same time I really don't want to leave the people who I've grown up with for so long. It will be bittersweet, to say the very least. For all of the people who I love here, though, I couldn't be happier to get away from the rest of those who I really have no intentions of paying any attention to for the rest of my life, and will laugh at their expense when I see them at a reunion, ten-twenty years from now. I guess what this all boils down to in the end, is that I've gotta live it up for the next few months, and plan on doing so to the utmost extent.
Skies On Fire starts recording on June 9th, and we're hopefully going on a mini-tour this summer. I plan on spending quite a lot of time with those three this summer. Go listen to us if you haven't yet. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I guess that's it. C.U.N.T.
"This world seems like a nice place to visit,
But I don't wanna live in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment